Works in progress:
- Socks with this:
Unknown date: I’m about 10 rows past the toes. I’m using the numbers from a more complicated pattern, but am doing a simple slip stitch rib (k3, sl1, repeat) in order to have some interest in the knitting process while allowing the colors to shine through.
April 22, 2010: These have been sitting as I have elevated the tunic dress below to commuting knitting in an effort to finish it already. I’m further, but still not to the heel. Slowly, slowly…
- Afghan for JG, son of LKG and AG (no pattern). Using yarn gifted to me by LKG. April 22, 2010: I haven’t made any progress, but it turns out that this afghan is going to be a big brother present! I have until September to finish it.
- Afghan for a future foster child, using daisy stitch
- Log cabin-style rug (for my foyer). April 22, 2010: I made the decision about a week ago to frog this. I really did a poor job picking up stitches throughout, and it just isn’t what I’m looking for. In order to give the rug some depth, I think I’m going to knit strips and then weave the strips together.
- Tunic dress for the current little one (link to Ravelry site). I’m just about done with the first side. (Six days of knitting!)
April 22, 2010: The front and back are both done. The sleeves were almost done until I ran out of pink. I had already started the sleeves with a purple border in order to make the pink last longer, so in honor of ordering another skein of pink, I frogged the sleeves. I was seriously about 7 rows away from being done. And now I’m not.
- April 22, 2010: A really cool chain looking scarf. I shouldn’t have started it but was too excited. It has now sit for a few weeks because my ADHD knitting brain moved on to other things.
- A sage colored linen/cotton blend tank top (Scarlet Woman, I think it’s called?) with a beautiful diagonal ribbing from the waist to the bust. I’m only a few rows past the end of the ribbing on the first side (April 22, 2010).
I have the yarn for:
- A brown Perfect Fit Skirt (link to Ravelry), with a panel of deep red at the bottom hem. The red panel will have some fun stitch pattern, perhaps something (gasp!) cabled.
- A Gym Slip Dress (link to Ravelry). I have been desperate to make this since I first saw the pattern.
- A sweater, pattern undecided. I absolutely adore Knitty‘s Spoke, but don’t think it’s the right pattern for my yarn.
- Bags for mishloach manot for next Purim. I think this will be a good use for my vast quantities of acrylic. Especially the acrylic that I bought for almost this very purpose.
- Kid size socks for the little one, using the yarn from CZ. Or I could return the yarn to her.
- One more pair of socks. I have a really soft dark brown.
Also on my to-knit list:
- Yellow curtains for the kid room.
- Purple and brown curtains for my bedroom.
- Curtains for living room (color undecided)
- Curtains for office/pantry (color undecided)
Finished objects 2010 (pictures to come):
- Seaweed socks (for my mom)
- Heartbreakingly cute baby kimono for my boss’ soon-to-be baby.
Finished objects 2009 (pictures to come):
- Numerous wine bags
- Afghan for my first foster child